February 8, 2011

Greetings To All!




Well hello there! It's about time I got a blog, right? For those of you who don't know me, allow me introduce myself :) My name is Katie Daisy and I'm an illustrator/designer/daydreamer living in the beautiful Appalachian Mountains of North Carolina. I grew up on a small Midwestern farm in a magical little town called Lindenwood -- a place that will always be the deepest root of my inspiration.

It was in the tiny town of Lindenwood where I first understood that anything is possible. I could frequently be found by the creek watching tadpoles flutter or lying in a pasture watching cumulus clouds pass by. My childhood was one never-ending, blissful daydream. I spent hours behind our simple white farmhouse picking 4(and even 5 or 7!)-leafed clovers. Often, I'd take bike rides up and down our road and collect any interesting treasures I found along the way.  In the evening, Mom would pick a bundle of lilacs and place them in a white porcelain pitcher - the smell would fill the entire house. 


There's something about holding onto the wonderment of a childhood summer and applying that feeling to my adult life. I am now 23 years old and can say that I still hold onto a portion of that fairy-tale like perspective. At an early age, I knew that I wanted to be an artist. At a later age, I knew I wanted to be an artist for a profession. I am so grateful to have parents who encouraged any dream I could conjure. Rarely,(if ever) did I hear the word "no" when it came to following my heart's desire. 
Today, I'm "following my bliss" as a full-time, self-employed artist. I am forever thankful for the wonderful people in my life who have encouraged me to make this a possibility. I thank you from the depths of my heart!

I invite you to join me as I wander through the strange & beautiful world of being an independent artist. On this blog, I will share new projects, inspirations & other daily musings you might find interesting. I'm definitely not a writer, so many of my posts will be image-heavy and simple. I hope you'll stick around a while to see what transpires 


Many, many thanks to Katrina from Powered by Pastries for helping me get this blog off its feet! 

21 comments:

  1. yes!!! It's beautiful & perfect. I love it. Keep being your wonderful self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog! It looks great! I have always loved your art. Bravo for your parents, I bet you make them proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to see you're blogging! I can't wait to keep up with all your news. Maybe a fabric line in the future? Please, please? I want to make quilts with all your fabulous patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Katie! I can't wait to follow along in your colorful adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new blog! I *love* your paintings. Have you thought about designing fabric? (If you don't already) I would be first in line to buy a huge stack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay!! excited to see you have a blog now. can't wait to follow your journey as artist. i love your work, and actually just received my LOVE card and alphabet pieces in the mail yesterday! thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the great new blog - it's gorgeous! I've been following your work on Etsy and Spoonflower for a while - super great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, everyone! I'm so happy to have such a warm welcome in the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful blog! welcome. welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your art, katie. setting up your blog was a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A blog image-heavy with your work is something to look forward to. I expect I will enjoy what you have to say too. I am so grateful that I saw your image of Ganesha in the Winston-Salem Skirt Magazine, March 2010 edition. I didn't know what a treat I was going to find at katiedaisy.com. Since then I have been able to treat myself every so often with a piece your bright and uplifting art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your art is so inspiring and I love your positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you in the blogosphere, promoting your awesome talent! Been following you on Flickr for some time & will continue there as well :-) Best of luck with all your endeavors!

    (aka) LittleBrownWren

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great first post! Lovely blog design as well. I've admired your work on Flickr and look forward to more here. I didn't realize you were in NC! *waves from Raleigh* Have you ever thought of doing the Handmade Market or Rock-N-Shop?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you have a blog--I've been following your work on flickr. Love your art! Congrats, and welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is so dreamy! I love it! I've always admired your work and yes...fabric, please, pretty please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Katie - I am blown away by your work. I can feel your passion when looking at it. Your color palette is stunning. You have a new fan.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you've started a blog! It's great to see the art work and photos you've posted so far. You encourage me to continue living out my idyllic childhood, as an adult! It can be done!

    ReplyDelete